Monday 8 October 2012

440KM OCTOBER TOUR: KLANG-TELUK BATIK-KLANG


not so handsome, but cute...
Saturday
Last saturday, as early as 7.00am I start my bike, warm it up and start my first iron butt ride(not really iron) with my Modenas Grand Tourer 128, my cordura jacket, a levi's jeans and my full face helmet I start the journey.

From klang I used the old/country road rather then taking highway. It is because this road have much more to offer and will passing by my own village, Sungai Besar. I'm cruising at 120km/h.

at the Petronas Meru.
Fill up my tank at Meru, Klang at the Petronas for RM7.00(RM1.90/L) then the rain showering the landscape..wait for a moment, seem not going to dry soon, i take my rain coat and wear it and start to ride back.. Then I realize the rain is just for few kilometer, then its dry.

At Kuala Selangor I stop and take off my rain coat as the sun start to burn me.

Whats great about riding in the early morning is not much vehicle on the road, the ride become smoother and enjoyable.  

Reaching Sabak Bernam at 9am, i stop by at my Mum stall. Having quite heavy breakfast with one egg roti canai and fried noodle with sunny side up.. A big cup of milk tea, rest a bit and at 9.30am I’m back on the road.

At this time my fuel meter stating there still one bar(not blipping) but I decide to fill it again as the next road is not where I’ve ever ride before on bike. Paying RM6 at the Shell’s cashier, but my thank only can fill up to RM5.70 already over the cap..close the cap and pour some water on the tank to wash out spill's fuel, start my engine and hit the road..


Passing the border of Selangor-Perak bridge with the clock already at 10am, start cruising the road.. A bit bumpy after Simpang Empat junction where I turn right till reach the second bridge.

After the second bridge, Sungai Perak bridge if I’m not mistaken (not sure what the river’s name) the road much better. The ride become enjoyable again.

long straight road...what a lovely one..
The road having long straight line up to around 5-8KM.. I’m not speeding over there, just maintain 120KM/h as my bike speed meter state…

the paddy field
At the both side of the road there is paddy field. What a lovely view.. From this road you can take corner to left to go to Pasir Salak, one of the historical site in Perak and also an important place where the history of Perak change.

I continue the journey till reach Sitiawan, not much vehicle on the road. The road surface also nice and make the ride feel smoother. At the T-junction I took left as right will lead me to Ipoh, and left lead to Manjung.

I passing villages and palm tree farms. The view and ambience really great.

its already 11.30am when manage to call my friend
one way journey...
Reaching Teluk Batik, the clock already at 11.10am.. I try to find the resort but fail as my friend mistakenly gives the resort name. With the place hardly get telephone line I manage to call him and get the real name of the resort, Teluk Batik Resort. Where actually I’m resting at the park in front of the resort.


resting while to reach my friend..huh..
Start my engine and ride shortly to the resort and park my bike.

I went to the lobby and try to reach my friend inside, but couldn’t get a line.. Then I met someone I know, a staff of UiTM. Together with him I’m proceeds.


SUNDAY

the long straight...now i'm a rocketeer..
Check out from the resort at 1pm. But waiting to meet my newly weds friend, so need to wait till 3pm and went to a mamak restaurant somewhere before the corner to Teluk Batik (form South). Meet them for about an hour; hit the road at around 4.15pm.

Fill up my tank for RM5 at a Caltex somewhere in Manjung area. Then ride back.. Today I try to enjoy the long straight to the fullest.. There quite number of car today, while rocketing down the road I manage to hit 150km/j, well just for a moment then I back to 120km/h. I stop at the road side for few picture..
picture where able to..hehehe..after this is the 150km/h
Not taken any pitstop until reach Sekinchan as I stop to buy a can of Livita EX as I start to feel sleepy. Then hit the road back.

Reaching Petronas Tanjung Karang at 6pm, stop by as my stomach ache..need toilet!!!

Also for asar prayer as I forgot to do my prayer (jama’) earlier.
the rider..Hot!!!
left to Teluk Intan, right to Klang.
after the bridge...


Then at around 6.15pm back to the road and as usual, Tanjong Karang road jam with cars, buses and lorries. Slowly get through the jam, reach at Shell and fill up my tank for RM6.
at the Tanjong Karang Petronas. 
After Tanjong Karang area the road clear back from any traffic jam. There’s quite number of vehicle on the road but not to crowd.



Passing by pantai Jeram’s traffic light there is a Yamaha v115, ride by two thin boys. As usual I ride my bike at 120km/h, with slow acceleration the Yamaha went far front.. Then as my speed increase I reach those two, maybe they thought I try to challenge them. So they chase me. I’m constantly at 120km/h while the boy seems struggling to keep up with me. Then I think it’s too dangerous to stay like that, I twist my throttle a bit more. Increase to 130km/h and slowly leave the Yamaha.

Reaching a corner near to the coconut oil factory, I'm braking to slow down my bike as both line had cars. Then I saw the yamaha’s boy recklessly take over between the cars and almost hit a car side mirror and speeding away. What a stupid thing to be done.

Total Journey...still got 3 bar of fuel.
Then I continue my ride without any disturbance anymore. Reach home at 8pm. And total journey of 440km and cost of RM24 (reach home with 3bar on fuel meter) breaking my old record of 200km.

Thank you for reading my story…

No comments:

Post a Comment